How long should a window cleaning take?
The amount of time it takes to clean windows in a commercial setting will depend on a number of factors, including the size and number of windows, the level of soiling, and the type of cleaning method used. Here are some general guidelines for determining how long it should take to clean windows in a commercial setting:
- Size and number of windows: The more windows there are, the more time it will take to clean them. Larger windows will take more time to clean than smaller windows.
- Level of soiling: If the windows are heavily soiled, it will take longer to clean them than if they are only lightly soiled.
- Type of cleaning method: Different cleaning methods will take different amounts of time. For example, using a ladder and squeegee to clean windows by hand will take longer than using a water-fed pole system.
- Type of business: A business such as a hospital or a restaurant will require more time to clean than an office building.
- Experience of the cleaner: The experience of the cleaner will also affect the time it takes to clean the windows. Professional window cleaners have the knowledge, equipment and experience to clean windows safely and effectively, which can take less time than if done by an inexperienced cleaner.
- Accessibility: The accessibility of the windows, i.e. if they are easy to reach or not, will affect the time it takes to clean them.
As a rough estimate, it may take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to clean the windows in a small office building, but it can take longer or shorter depending on the factors mentioned above.