How do you maintain a waxed floor?
Here are some tips for maintaining a waxed floor:
- Regular cleaning: Regularly sweep or vacuum the floor to remove dirt and debris. Use a damp mop with a neutral pH cleaner to clean the floor. Avoid using excessive water or allowing water to stand on the floor for an extended period of time as it can damage the wax and the flooring.
- Spot cleaning: Promptly clean up spills or stains to prevent them from becoming ingrained in the wax. Use a spot cleaner or a mild detergent to remove the stain.
- Burnishing: Use a high-speed burnisher or a rotary machine equipped with a white pad to buff the floor on a regular basis. This will help to remove scuffs and scratches, and it will enhance the shine of the floor.
- Maintenance coat: Consider applying a maintenance coat of wax on a regular basis to refresh the existing wax and to protect the floor from wear and tear.
- Foot traffic management: Place walk-off mats at entrances to collect dirt and debris, and encourage people to wipe their feet before entering the building. This will help to reduce the amount of dirt and debris that is tracked onto the waxed floor.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaning solutions on the floor as they can strip the wax from the floor and cause damage.